Friday, May 25, 2007

MUNCHKIN'S SATURDAY CORNER #11










Thanks Everybody!

“Hi everybody. My daddy told me about all of your prayers and well wishes, and I want to thank you all. I know how sad my daddy feels and he blames himself, but I know he loves me and it isn’t his fault. Like some people say; ‘Stuff happens’.”

“I will tell you what I told daddy, he made me happier than I ever was, giving me a home and lots of love, even if it is to be for such a short time. After all, it isn’t really the quantity that counts as much as the quality.”

“I know that daddy said this would be my last “Munchkin’s Saturday Corner”, but I told him I ain’t gone yet and that I want to blog for as long as I can. Well guess what? He couldn’t say ‘NO’”

“I was able to eat half a can of food today and I do feel a little better, so as long as I can hit the key board, I’ll keep posting on Saturdays.”


Some More of My Hillary Jokes:

The Punishment in Hell:

When Pope John Paul II died, he decided to take a peek inside the gates of hell.

There he saw the handsome John F. Kennedy with the most incredibly ugly women he had ever seen. The Pope turned and asked Satan why Kennedy was with such a hideously ugly woman. Satan replied that John F. Kennedy had done some bad things in his life time and that was his punishment.

Then the Pope saw Hillary Clinton with her arm around the most handsome man in the entire world. The Pope asked Satan what “Hillary is doing with such a handsome man?” Satan replied, “Well, that handsome man did some pretty bad things in his life and that is his punishment.”

Hillary’s health Care Plan Has:

A.) All the simplicity of the IRS.

B.) The results of rent control.

C.) The efficiency of the Post Office.

D.) The fringe benefits of higher taxes.

E.) Management success of the National Debt.

F.) Bureaucracy of the Department of Agriculture.

G.) All of the dependency of a weather forecaster

The Following is something that I post once before, but I thought that I would post it again just to remind people of something important:

Why Dogs Don't Live As Long As People...

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old Irish wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife Lisa, and their little boy, Shane, were all very much attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle. I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family there were no miracles left for Belker, and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home. As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be good for the four-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for the last time. I wondered if he understood what was going on. Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. The little boy seemed to accept Belker’s transition without any difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, "I know why." Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life -- like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?”

The four-year-old continued, "Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Munchkin

“God bless you all, and I hope to see ya all next week, Lord willing and the Creek don’t rise. If not, I’ll get to meet you all in heaven with my daddy.”