Wednesday, May 23, 2007












“Just Hitting Another

Brick Wall”











Split Healed in the Russian Orthodox Churches

80-Year Schism Comes to an End


MOSCOW, MAY 21, 2007 - The unity of the Russian Orthodox Church has been restored after an 80-year schism, announced Moscow Patriarch Alexy II during a Liturgy celebrating the end of the divide.

The Associated Press is reporting that leaders of the Russian Orthodox faith signed a pact Thursday, healing the decades-old rift between the Russian Orthodox Church and an offshoot, the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia, organized after the Bolshevik Revolution.

Patriarch Alexy II, the leader of the main Russian Orthodox Church, led the ceremony at the Christ the Savior Cathedral, thanking President Vladimir Putin, who attended the celebration, for his help to end the split through meetings with church leaders.

The reunion agreement, called the Canonical Communion Act, was later signed by Alexy II along with Metropolitan Laurus, head of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia.

The reunion act will not be a merger, as both entities will maintain administrative control over their parishes. The clergy, however, will be able to preside over Liturgies in both churches with parishioners being able to share Communion.

The Russian Orthodox Church Abroad, based in
New York, has about 480,000 members while the Moscow Patriarchate, has 90 million members, not including millions of believers in other countries of the former Soviet Union.

TROUBLE FINDING VETRINARIAN CARE FOR OUR PETS:

I don’t know how many others out there in “Computer Land” have or are running into the same problem as I am experiencing, but it appears to be getting harder and harder for the average person in America to afford veterinary care for their “fur babies” (pets to the average folks), and somehow, I cannot help but think that insurance companies are behind this.

More and more veterinarians and animal hospitals are doing away with allowing pet owners to make monthly payments (monthly billing) and the cost of veterinarian care is getting higher by the year. I think that it is at the urging of insurance companies that have sprung up to offer pet health insurance. The monthly premiums for the pet health care insurance are often as high as the monthly premiums humans pay for their health insurance, thus it is making it harder and harder for the average person to afford to have a pet. This is especially hard for the handicapped and elderly who may live alone and their only companionship may be their pet. Since Munchkin, my little Toy Fox Terrier became ill six days ago, I have been finding it impossible to find a vet who would let me on a monthly basis, because since I am semi retired and living on Social Security Disability, that is the only way I can afford to pay for any treatments she may require.

I contacted “Lollypop Farm” which is run by our local Humane Society (A.S.P.C.A – American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) and explained my situation. They told me that they ONLY offer financial assistance to the disabled, elderly and low-income people to spay/neuter their pets. The only other option that they could give me was to bring Munchkin to Lollypop and sign her over to them. Then they would treat her and if she pulled through, they would adopt her out to another individual. This would NOT be an option I could accept and knowing Munchkin's past history; I don't think it would be acceptable to her either, as she will not let anyone near her unless I am holding her (this is a result of the abuse she faced before I adopted her).

Before I "adopted" Munchkin, I had a Mini Rat Terrier, named "Baby" who was also a dog in need of rescue. Back in 1995, Baby was in need of a cancer operation (breast cancer which required the removal of three of her breasts). At the time, I was in the same situation I am now, as I became disabled in 1993. After much searching and begging, I was able to find a very kind hearted Vet in the Village of Spencerport (about 17 miles from where I live) who agreed to do the operation and accept monthly payments. I had to pay as much as I could down, which was about $62.00 and then I agreed to make monthly payments of $57.00 a month for 17 months until the bill was paid, the total bill came to $1,034.00. I just contacted that vet about an hour ago. He told me that he also stopped doing billing, but he said that if I want to, I could bring Munchkin in tomorrow at 3:00 pm, he will charge me the $35.00 office visit and examine her to find out what is wrong and then he will see if we can work something out for paying whatever the cost will be. So I will have to wait until then and hope for the best.

I will let you know tomorrow what the outcome is. Again, thank you for your kind concern and prayers. I am sure Munchkin feels the same.

Thanks and God bless.





ISLAM ON LOVE:













“Abouna” Gregori