Thursday, November 8, 2007

FREAKY DEAKY FRIDAY: _T












Will Stupidity win the day?

For a long time now, I have been saying that the inmates are running the insane asylum. I have also felt that the human race is doomed through utter stupidity, which has become the gross national output of our illustrious public education system, and if you need proof, check out the following actual label instructions found on some consumer products:

On a Sears hairdryer -- “Do Not Use While Sleeping”

(Gee, why not? Maybe that’s the only chance I have to do my hair)

On a bag of Fritos --You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside bag.”
(This must be the shoplifter’s special)

Found on a bar of Dial Soap – “Directions: Use like regular soap”
(Oh, and that would be how?)

On some Swanson Frozen Dinners – “Serving suggestion: Defrost”
(Remember, it is just a “suggestion”)

Printed on the bottom of the box of a Tesco’s Tiramisu dessert – “Do
NOT turn upside down”

(Well duh! A little late, don’t you think?)

On Marks and Spencer Bread Pudding – “Product will be HOT after Heating”
(Gosh, you don’t say!)

On the packaging of a Rowenta iron – “Do NOT iron clothes while ON body”
(But wouldn’t that save me a little time?)

Found on Boot’s Children’s cough medicine – “Do NOT
drive a car or operate machinery
after taking this medicine”

(I suppose that would go along way to cutting down the rate of construction site
accidents if you just get those five year-olds with head colds off the damn forklifts and cranes)

On Nytol Sleep medication – “Caution: May cause drowsiness”
(I’m taking this medication for…..?)

On many brands of Christmas lights – “For indoor or outdoor use only”
(As opposed to what?)

On Japanese brand Food Processor – “Not to be used for other use”
(Will somebody out there help me out on this one? I’m kind of curious.)

On Sainsbury package of peanuts – “Warning: This package contains nuts”
(Boy, talk about a news flash)

Found on an American Airlines packet of nuts – “Instructions: open packet,
eat nuts”

(Or maybe I could just fly United)

Found on a Swedish made chainsaw – “Do not attempt to stop the chain
with your hands or genitals”

(OUCH! My God, was there a lot of that happening in Sweden?)





A Man after my own heart:

I don’t know how many of you know who Mark Levin is, so let me
give you a little background:

Mark Levin is a constitutional lawyer as well as a nationally known syndicated radio broadcaster. Levin often appears on Hannity & Combs on the Fox News Channel. But above all Mark is a dog lover.

In 2004, Mark’s wife and son talked him into “adopting” a dog from a local shelter, even though they already had one dog named Pepsi.

The new dog was a Spaniel mix, that they named Sprite. After they got it home, they discovered that Sprite was much older then they had been led to believe, but he was also the most beautiful dog they have ever seen.

Well, to make a long story short, Sprite became ill and eventually, Mark was forced to have him euthanized an action which was emotionally devastating to Mark. As a result, Mark almost gave up his career and everything else due to the emotional turmoil. Mark ended up writing a book, titled:

Rescuing Sprite

A Dog Lover’s Story of Joy and Anguish

After hearing Mark Levin talk about Sprite, and what he went through, and hearing him mention the book in an interview with Sean Hannity, I went and bought the book. While reading the story, I must admit that I was moved to tears as I had gone through a similar experience back in 2002.

For those who are interested, Mark has his own website called the Mark Levin Show at: http://www.marklevinshow.com/ where people can find a link to a section where viewers can read stories that others have posted about their pets and if they wish, they can leave one of their own.

If you wish to read the story I posted about my beloved Rat Terrier named Baby, who I lost in 2002 when she was 19 years old, please click on the picture of Mark’s book.



Come for Myspace comment codes, funny myspace comments, myspace comment images