Tuesday, January 15, 2008

TUESDAY LESSONS IN CIVICS-#27




The following comes from a friend of mine. It may have been posted elsewhere in the past, but I feel it is worth a second or third look.










Urine and Taxes:



Like most of you, I have a job. That means I work and my boss pays me. Out of the money I earn, I have to pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as they see fit.


In order for me to get my paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, which I really have no problem with. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don’t have to pass a urine test.


Shouldn’t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, since I have to pass one to earn it for them?


Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sit on their butt and who may or may not be doing drugs.


Can you imagine how much money this country would save if people had to pass a urine test to receive a public assistance check?


Come for Myspace comment codes, funny myspace comments, myspace comment images