Wednesday, January 23, 2008

THURSDAY STUFF MUSINGS #2


Is it dementia or just operating on a different wave length?


I have my moments of what some might call signs of clear and present dementia, or as I like to call them, “Brain Farts.” Sometimes I don’t know where I am going, then when I get there, I don’t know where I am and when I get back, you guessed it, I don’t know where the heck I’ve been.


I suppose that sort of thing is to be expected when one has so many different things running through their mind at one time, kind of like the brain multi-tasking. But then my mind seems to work differently from most people. It tends to analyze every thing that I hear and read from every possible angle, which got me into a lot of trouble when I was a kid in school. You see, when the rest of my classmates where just accepting everything that the teachers would tell them, my mind would automatically kick into over-drive and start to examine everything, up, down and side-ways and I would start to question the teachers and the information. Case in point: when I was in the fifth grade (back in 1958), my teacher told the class that sometime in the future, robots and computers would be replacing humans in doing all the work, which would give people much more time for leisure and recreation. While my classmates were oooing and ahhing and saying how great it will be, I raised my hand and when the teacher asked me what I wanted, I asked her: “If all of the work is going to be done by computers and robots, how will the people earn the money to live and to spend on all that leisure and recreation?” The teacher’s response was: “Shut up and sit down Ronald, you talk too much!


I have said all of this to tell you that I learned a long time ago to check out everything I hear or read, be it on TV, radio, newspapers, emails or websites. An example of what I mean is, about a month ago I received an email from one of my sisters which contained all sorts of derogatory information concerning Barak Obama, concerning his religion, and then yesterday I received the same information in an email forwarded to me by one of our monks. It just so happened that when I received the first email from my sister, something told me to do a “Snopes” search, which showed that the information in the email was based on false and/or misleading information.


Don’t get me wrong, I am not supporting Barak, but I do not believe in putting out false and misleading information on someone just to gain points.



At first blush, a lot of info that we receive through email, the MSM, the entertainment media, may appear to be true and believable, but much like the face of a beautiful woman, if you rub away the mascara and make up, you begin to see the lines, flaws and blemishes of age. If one takes the time to analyze the information they are receiving instead of just accepting it, you will discover that as you scratch the surface you will begin to see distorted facts and out-and-out lies.



Those on the left are expert at disseminating half-truths, the twisting of fact and glossing it all over with unadulterated B.S. Now, I could be wrong, but some how I have a nagging feeling that all of the misinformation on Barak Obama may have been put out there by the by the Clintons and their henchmen. Those two are very adept at pulling the wool over people’s eyes. Any one who has ears to hear and eyes to see could almost believe that the “father of all lies” is working directly through the Clintons.


All of my life, I have had the ability to just look at a person and right away I would get a feeling about that individual as to weather they could be trusted and to what their basic personality was like and most, important, weather I would get along with them or not. Well, when it comes to the Clintons, every time I see and hear them, I get a very uneasy feeling that seems to flood over me and penetrate every fiber of my being. And, I had this same feeling about them the very first time Bill ran for President. It is feeling of dread and concern for the future of America. I do not agree with the politics or moral values of any liberal, but I have never had the feelings about them that I get from the Clintons, a sense of danger.



Please don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that Bill and/or Hilary are the Anti-Christ, but somehow, I do believe and feel that they are being guided by Satan. You can believe or disbelieve, that is up to you. Just consider yourselves warned.



As for me, a person would have to get up awfully early in the morning to put one over on me, even if their name is HillBilly.





Come for Myspace comment codes, funny myspace comments, myspace comment images