Saturday, January 26, 2008

SUNDAYS TWO-CENTS WORTH- #25: Two posts to make you think



THE STATUE

Do you know what this is? Where this is?

Read the following and learn



This statue currently stands outside an Iraqi palace, now the home of the 4th Infantry division.


Eventually it will be shipped to the United States and placed in the memorial museum located in Fort Hood, Texas.


The statue was created by an Iraqi artist named Kalat, who for years was forced by Saddam Hussein to make the many bronze busts of Saddam that dotted Baghdad.


Kalat was grateful for the Americans liberation of his country; he melted three of the bronze heads of the fallen Saddam and made the statue as a memorial to the American soldiers and their fallen warriors.


Kalat worked on this memorial night and day for several months.


To the left of the kneeling soldier is small Iraqi girl giving the soldier comfort as he mourns the loss of his comrade in arms.


Do you know why we don’t hear about this in the news? Because it is a heart warming story and praise worthy. The MSM avoids these type of stories because they do not have any shock value, and the MSM doesn’t want the American public to know that good things are happening in Iraq.


But you can help to stop this, by telling others about this wonderful memorial created by a thankful Iraqi citizen.




MY CHRISTIAN UPBRINGING


As I walked quickly down a busy thoroughfare, fully aware that I was late for a rather important meeting, I happened to spot one of those unfortunate, homeless vagabonds that are found in every city of the United States these days.



Wearing what I can only describe as rags, and carrying every worldly possession in two plastic bags, my heart was deeply touched by this person’s pitiful condition.


As I watched, some people turned to stare while others quickly looked away as if the sight of this individual would somehow contaminate them.


Recalling the long ago words of a priest from my distant past, who made an admonition to “care for the sick, feed the hungry and clothe the naked,” I began to feel myself moved by some powerful inner urge to reach out to this unfortunate person.


Yes, where most people saw only rags, I saw a hidden beauty. A small voice deep inside me called out, “Reach out, reach out!”


So I did . . . . . . . . .






I won’t be at the Divine Liturgy this week!




Come for Myspace comment codes, funny myspace comments, myspace comment images