Monday, February 4, 2008

TUESDAY LESSONS IN CIVICS-#30



I HAVE MADE MY DECISION AND I AM STICKING TO IT!

To my Blogger friends and those who may just lurk in the shadows:


What I have to say may upset some of you and some may even decide not to visit my Blog any more after reading this, but be that as it may I have made my decision and I will be sticking to it, unless a miracle takes place between now and November.


Here is my decision and my reasons for it:


If John McCain becomes the Republican Party’s nominee for the Presidential election in November, I will NOT vote in this year’s election, no matter who McCain may choose as his running mate. I’m sorry that there are some of you who feel that no matter what, it would be better to vote in McCain rather then having Hillary or any Democrat win the White House, in other words, we should elect the lesser of two evils. Well, you are WRONG, and I will tell you why:


If you take the time to investigate McCain’s voting record in the Senate, you will see that he is no more of a conservative then Hillary Clinton or Barak Obama, as a matter of fact; McCain is Hillary Clinton in a suit and tie. McCain has just recently received the endorsement of some rather large liberal Newspapers, such as the New York Times. He is well liked by Ted Kennedy, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Chuck Schumer, etc., as a matter of fact, John Kerry had even offered to make McCain his running mate had Kerry won the presidency four years ago. Why do you think that is? And just by watching and listening to McCain and Hillary when they appeared together on Chris Wallace’s show on the Fox News Channel, and seeing just how close and friendly they are with one another, was enough to make me want to hurl.


McCain, Hillary Clinton and Barak Obama all support driver’s licenses and amnesty for illegal immigrants, plus an overall increase in the number of legal immigrants allowed in the U.S. each year, when so many Americans are losing jobs and their homes. As a matter of fact, John McCain’s voting record in the Senate is almost an identical carbon copy of those on the Democratic side of the aisle.


So, as a life-long registered Conservative with long held Conservative principles, if I wouldn’t vote for Barak, Hillary or any other Democrat, then why in God’s name would I vote for McCain? I do have long held principles that I will not violate for any reason, and I am a firm believer in the adage; “If you won’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.” I strongly believe that a vote for McCain is a vote for the Democrat party’s agenda. I agree with Ann Coulter when she said: “As to the domestic commie stuff that Hillary peddles, I think she’ll do a lot less damage than McCain, because he would co-opt Republican congressmen.” However I do disagree with her that Hillary would be a better choice, a vote for either party, at this point is a vote for One World Government and the end of our Constitution. You can read yesterday’s post on my blog to see what a tyrant Hillary will be. And McCain will hand our nation over to illegal immigrants.


America, as it stands today, is headed for a brick wall at 120 miles an hour and I for one refuse to be a part of our demise. Reaching across the aisle for bi-partisan partnership in some areas is one thing, but McCain has crossed that point a long time ago to become a full-fledged liberal. As I have stated before, both the Republican Party and the Democrat Party are morphing into one and each day, day by day, both parties are chipping away at our Constitution and our Constitutional RIGHTS and FREEDOMS. Our National Sovereignty is being diminished more and more every day, as our federal judges’ look to foreign laws on which to base their decisions. One case in point, in my home state of New York, our new Governor, Elliot Spitzer, while running for election, promised the gay community in New York City that he will make same-sex marriage legal in this state one way or another, and Hillary Clinton vowed to back him up. Well, Spitzer knew that he faced an up-hill fight in the State legislature but using a backdoor method, he won a giant step toward his goal without even having to face the legislature. How? The State Supreme Court, which supports Spitzer, handed down a decision that states any gay or lesbian residents of New York State, who travel to Canada for the purpose of having a same-sex marriage performed in Canada, their marriage MUST be held VALID here in New York State when they return.


I will be more then happy to go to the polls and vote in November, if we had someone worthy of being elected. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no say in this election because here in New York State if you are a registered Conservative or Independent, you are not allowed to vote in the state’s primary. Only registered Republicans and Democrats are allowed to vote in the primary election. By the same token, I am not even allowed to volunteer as a polling station monitor, because ONLY registered Republicans and Democrats are allowed that honor.


So, as the Nation that I love, the land of my birth, the country that many of my relatives fought and died for, stands on the edge of the precipice, waiting to be pushed over the edge, and as our elected officials purposely sell out our freedoms and our national sovereignty for a one world government, I prefer to stay at home and pray for America, while others who are so inclined, give the final push.


May God have mercy on my homeland.


Now for Zeitgeist the Movie Part III:









Come for Myspace comment codes, funny myspace comments, myspace comment images