Wednesday, June 25, 2008

THURSDAY STUFF - #22




Something a little different:



I no longer have a house full of kids, but I can use some of the same.

An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of.

He calmly walked over to me and I gave him a couple of pats on the head; he then followed me into the house, slowly walked to a corner of the living room, curled up and fell asleep.



About an hour later, the dog woke up and went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me on my patio, walked inside and curled up in the corner of the living room and once again fell asleep for an hour. This continued for about two weeks.

Finally, being curious, I pinned a note to his collar, which read: “I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful dog is and ask if you are aware that every afternoon your dog comes to my home and takes a nap.”

The next day, the dog arrived for his usual nap, but with a different note pinned to his collar. The note read: “He lives in a home with six children; two are under the age of three. He is trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?”