Saturday, December 22, 2007

SUNDAYS TWO-CENTS WORTH- #22










On Saturday, Munchkin and I were tagged by my friend “The Local malcontent” out in Oklahoma, so here it goes:






1. Wrapping or gift bags?

I prefer using wrapping paper because I enjoy wrapping gifts. That is half the fun of giving gifts.



2. Real or artificial tree?

When I was a kid, I preferred real trees because of that wonderful pine scent. But, for the past 20 years I have preferred artificial trees due to the fact that it seems like a terrible waste to chop down a perfectly good tree, just to have to kick it to the curb right after Christmas. That seems so sad.



3. When do you put up the tree?

I put up my tree, along with whatever other Christmas decorations, the first Saturday following Thanksgiving.


4. When do you take down the tree?

My tree and other decorations come down right after the Epiphany. I hate it when I see people with Christmas decorations still up in March and April, and I find it equally displeasing when I see people put up their Christmas decorations as early as September/October.


5. Do you like eggnog?

Sure do! What would Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve be without it? If I have time, I make my own, if not; I buy it, 4 qts. for each of the three holidays.


6. Favorite gift received as a child?

I can’t say that any one gift was my favorite. I cherished each and every one equally.


7. Do you have a nativity scene?

Yes. It is a small table top set that my bought back in 1952. She gave the set to me about ten years ago and I still put it up every year.


8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

Well, it wasn’t really a GIFT so to speak, but it was back in 1963 when I came down with double pneumonia and had to spend that Christmas and the next 2 months in the hospital with a collapsed lung and IV’s going in both arms.


9. Mail or email Christmas cards?

It really doesn’t matter to me as I feel it is the thought that counts


10. Favorite Christmas movie?

My favorite Christmas movie is “It’s a Wonderful Life”, but I also enjoy two at movies a Christmas time; “The Bells of St. Mary” and “The Cardinal”.


11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

I will start buying gifts around the middle of August.


12. Favorite thing to eat for Christmas?

I have a tradition of making a roast duck dinner, followed by a nice glass of plum wine and a shot of banana liquor.


13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?

I happen to like clear and blue lights on my tree, with colored lights around my nativity scene.


14. Favorite Christmas song?

O Holy Night, Silent Night, Little Drummer Boy, Do You See What I See? Also, all of the Christmas music by Mannheim Steamroller.


15. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?

I do not like to travel more than 10 miles from home on Christmas.


16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?

Lets see; Dachshund, Comet Cleanser, Tiny Dancer, Gay Prancer, Millhouse Nixon, Doc, Bashful and Rudolph Nureyev. Is that it?


17. Angel on the tree top or star?

I switch from year to year. One year it is an Angel, the next it is a star.


18. Open gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

My sons and I always opened our gifts right after the celebration of the midnight Liturgy, which would technically be Christmas morning.


19. Most annoying thing about this time of year?

That would have to be the commercialization of Christmas. The favorite song of the stores at Christmas is:

“Deck the stores with advertising, Fa la, la, la, la, la, la, la.

Tis the season for merchandising, Fa la, la, la, la, la, la, la.”


20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color scheme?

Yes, blue and clear lights, with blue and gold balls, silver and gold garland and tiny animal ornaments.


21. What do you leave for Santa?

A glass of eggnog, two sugar cookies and a couple of Excedrin.


22. Least favorite holiday song?

“Grand ma Got Run Over By a Reindeer”. YUCK!


23. Favorite ornament?

There are two and they are little Christmas stockings, one for “Munchkin” and the other that was for my little Mini Rat Terrier “Baby” who passed away five years ago.


Paying it forward, I tag:


Pam at Midnight Musings -

Leticia at Leticia’s World –


Karen at Light and Life –


Rita at The Jungle Hut –


and Mark at Casting Pearls Before Swine –


Rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.

2. Share Christmas facts about yourself.

3. Tag random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.

4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.



Come for Myspace comment codes, funny myspace comments, myspace comment images