Friday, December 14, 2007

MUNCHKIN'S SATURDAY CORNER # 39
















Once Again, My Daddy Runs Into A Strange Situation While Out Shopping:


Last week it was at a new Super Market, this week it is a Wal-Mart. Do you think I should keep him on a short leash?


Here is what took place:



Yesterday, my Daddy was in Wal-Mart buying me a large bag of Purina Dog Chow. He was standing in a rather long line at the check-out counter with the bag of dog chow in his shopping cart. A woman standing behind him asked my Daddy if he had a dog (no “Duh”). On sheer impulse, he told her, “No, I don’t have a dog; I am starting the ‘Purina Diet’ again.” My Daddy went on to tell her; “I probably shouldn’t do it though, because I ended up in the hospital last, but at least I lost 50 pounds by the time I woke up in an intensive care unit with tubes coming out of just about every orifice of my body and IVs in both my arms.”


The woman got a shocked and concerned look on her face, so my Daddy told her; “Oh, don’t worry, the ‘Purina Diet’ is essentially a safe and perfect diet. The way that it works, is that you fill up your pockets with the Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The nuggets are nutritionally complete. So, I figured I would try it again.” By this time, every one in the line had become enthralled with what my Daddy was telling the women behind him.


Horrified, the woman asked my Daddy if he ended up in the hospital because the food was poisoned. He told her; “NO, it was because I stepped off the curb to sniff the butt of a Great Dane and a car hit us both.”


The people in the line were rolling on the floor laughing, and one elderly man dang near had a heart attack from laughing so hard.


I don’t think WAL-MART will let my Daddy shop there any more.